Gubbs Motors Ltd
Clifford Carlyle Gubb commenced mail cartage by horseback in 1903 from Port Albert to Tauhoa, Kaipara Flats, Wharehine and Warkworth, later giving way to the horse and buggy and then coach and horse teams which also catered for passengers.
Gubbs was purchased by Peter and Pixie Jones in 1976 which had 5 buses, from then the company grew further with more school runs and tour coaches. Today Gubbs Motors has 30 coaches and buses porviding transport for schools and clubs in the Rodney and Auckland area as well as overseas vistors.
In 2010 Pixie sold shares of Gubbs Motors to Kevin and Robyn Jones.